As we look back over 2019, a few things stand out for which we are grateful:
- Growth of our team with the right people;
- Unique projects where our team’s skills are perfectly suited; and
- Company culture that fosters creative ideas to better serve our clients.
In 2019, Mowery hired 18 new team members in the operations, business development, design, Special Projects Group, and preconstruction departments. With the addition of these talented individuals, Mowery streamlined workflows, staffed more project jobsites, and increased service offerings to current and future clients.
Including our Special Projects Group, the Mowery team completed 126 total projects in 2019, equating to over 5 million square feet built throughout the year. A few unique and notable projects include:
- Carlisle Chamber of Commerce – An historical restoration project, the Swarner Mansion which was originally built in 1907, was renovated to bring it back to its historical roots.
- Jaguar Land Rover Harrisburg – This newly constructed auto dealership was a design-build project that was finished before the client’s move-in date.
- Feeser’s Inc. – This industrial construction project included adding 20,000 SF of cold-storage to an existing distribution building, enabling Feeser’s to remain the largest independent food distributor in Central PA.
Culture and Achievements
Mowery was recognized for accomplishments throughout the year including winning awards for project excellence, safety program and company growth as well as having one of our employee’s recognized for the outstanding work she does. Learn more about these awards below:
We attribute much the success we had to our team’s collective and focused vision for the future that is rooted in our company foundations. In 2020, look for Mowery to continue to incorporate new methods of technology to help streamline the construction process; continue to find ways to deliver a richer and more customized client experience; and enhance the company culture by implementing new ideas including a wellness program.
We know all of this would not be possible without the continued support of our clients, vendors and team. Thank you for trusting Mowery to deliver a remarkable experience, we truly appreciate it.
We look foward to many more ground breakings, ribbon cuttings, new hires and stories of success in 2020. Happy New Year!